If you want to know how to make a legal invoice, this post interests you. In the following article we will deal with the terms and conditions that every invoice must fulfill in order to be considered legal.
Remember that we had already commented in the previous post about what aspects to take into account when making a new invoice. So, if you were left with any questions, we will attach again the post on Invoice and VAT deductible where you can see all the data.
Now, let’s see the aspects to take into account so that an invoice is legal. Keep reading!
Data for a legal invoice
The invoice to be legal, must contain, at least, the following data:
- Place and date of issuance: the issue date indicates the moment in which the corresponding taxes are imputed. That is why it is very important to inform you properly.
- Invoice number and series: The numeration of the invoice must be unique and correlative, that is, there can not be two invoices with the same numbering in the same year. It is possible to establish different series when there are several establishments or billing centers.
- Fiscal data of both the issuer and the receiver:
- Name, surnames or company name
- Tax identification number, NIF or CIF
Cases to consider in an invoice
1. Invoice to a non-resident:
When a non-resident is invoiced, the location of the Permanent Establishment must be stated.
2. Recipient individual:
In the event that the addressee is a natural person who is not self-employed, it will suffice to include the name and tax identification number, NIF.
3. Concept, amount and taxes:
It is necessary to describe the operation (product / service sold) and its total consideration, the amount before taxes (Tax base) and the total must be reflected.
4. Invoice with retention:
When an invoice is issued with a withholding, for the calculation of the Taxable Base it must take into account the amount of the service sold less the income tax withholding and the possible discounts that may be applied.
5. Subject invoice and not exempt from VAT:
If the operation carried out is subject to and not exempt from VAT, the data must appear on the invoice to identify the Taxable Base, the tax rate and the fee charged.
We advise you to consult with your fiscal advisor and specialized accountant in Odoo.
6. Different types of VAT:
If the invoice is taxed with different VAT rates, each product / service must be differentiated with the corresponding VAT rate.
7. Electronic invoices:
The electronic invoices will have the same validity as the original invoices provided that they contain identical information in the invoice issued and in the received invoice and the listed data appear.